Oracle RMAN Deployment
- A professional design and implementation provides a solid and competent backup and recovery infrastructure from which you can deploy highly available and highly recoverable applications
- Lower the risk of adopting RMAN and migrating your backup and recovery infrastructure to Oracle's recommended best practice.
- Leverage the skills available from our proven consultants to mentor your own technical resources swiftly
Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN), is a powerful feature of the Oracle Database toolset and provides rich functionality such as online backups, incremental backups, block media recovery, automation of backup and recovery processes and features a core component of Oracle Maximum Availability Architecture.
Using a common centralised RMAN infrastructure to maintain and manage your data availability model is considered industry best practice today. Capitalise on the technical and cost benefits that using Oracle's RMAN capability brings.
This engagement has been developed to help effectively deploy Oracle RMAN onto your technology organisation. Additionally this engagement highlights the changes that the deployment of RMAN will make to your existing Oracle processes and practices to ensure that your applications and technology organisation can capitalise on the benefits of RMAN.
Reduce Your Risk
Our engagement is designed work effectively alongside your application developers, systems and database administrators to deploy an available and scalable applications platform that leverages Oracle RMAN and related technologies whilst identifying and eliminating potential pitfalls and issues.
The scope of the engagement caters for:
- Reviewing Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and using those as the basis for your RMAN solution.
- Providing a reference design of Oracle RMAN for your technology infrastructure accommodating key decisions required to maintain a supported and manageable RMAN infrastructure.
- Providing skills transfer and mentoring for systems and database administrators on how-to install, administer, monitor, manage and maintain Oracle RMAN.
- Provide a stress test to demonstrate the operable solution for backups and recovery.
In addition to industry proven consultants, the adoption of RAC enables you to capitalise on the strength and maturity of the Oracle product set including:
- Backup and Recovery requirements
- Platform specific pre-requisites
- RMAN Implementation plan and task list
The whole Availability Picture
RMAN comprises part of the Oracle Maximum Availability Architecture and as such a design that also caters for Data Guard and RAC can be considered as part of this engagement.
The Linxcel Advantage
This engagement helps you deploy RMAN in your IT organisation swiftly, successfully and at low risk allowing your organisation to capitalise on the benefits that a RMAN enabled Oracle infrastructure brings. As Oracle partners and authors of "High Performance Oracle", published by Wiley our Oracle specialists are industry proven professionals with a track record in delivery.